Power System Fundamentals for Engineers by TONEX
Power System Fundamentals for Engineers training course (For complete course outline, please CLICK HERE) will help you to understand the basic concepts of electricity generation , circuit analysis, power plants, generators, power delivery and power market.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you the history of power generation aligned with the basic theory behind the circuit analysis in AC/DC systems. This course discusses the different components of a power system including the generation units (power plants) , transmission level (transmission lines and substations) and customers (loads). By taking this course, the audience not only will earn the basic concepts such as: power factor (PF), root mean square (RMS), Kirchoff’s law, magnetic material and induction machines, but also will learn about operation principle of governors, boilers, cooling towers, and turbines.
Power System Fundamentals for Engineers training course gives you a sufficient knowledge to understand the operation of synchronous generators as the main components in electricity generation by introducing the magnetic theory and simplified electrical models. Furthermore, power delivery topics including: transmission line modeling, HVDC transmission, reliability challenges in power delivery and customer demand are introduced during the training.
Finally, our instructors will introduce the power system operation and market concepts including: Energy definition, Generation/Transmission operators, ancillary services, regulators and future markets.
Who should attend?
The Power system fundamental for engineers training is a 3-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the power system from generation to consumption.
- Power traders to understand the power systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the fundamentals of power systems course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in power industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at power plants or power system generation companies.
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in power system related projects or proposals.
What will you learn?
Below are the major topics to be included in the Fundamentals of power systems for engineers training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Basic concepts in power systems.
- Magnetic fields and AC circuits.
- Power system components.
- Fundamentals of generators.
- Transmission lines and transformers.
- Concepts of power delivery.
- Power system operation and market.