Reactive Power Compensation and Voltage Control Training By TONEX
The reactive power compensation and voltage control training course helps you to understand the physical meaning of reactive power, fundamentals of reactive power compensations, different solutions for reactive power compensation, concept of harmonics and voltage stability.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you the difference between load compensation and line compensation, shunt/series compensations, idea of synchronous condensers and recently improved power electronic based compensation. You will learn the concept of power factor, the main difference between leading, lagging and unity power factor and power factor correction approaches. Furthermore, our instructors will lay the main foundation of voltage stability and get you introduced with the voltage collapse in power systems.
The reactive power compensation and voltage control training course also will also discuss the main components of reactive power in transmission lines, power transfer levels in transmission lines, voltage regulation, the concept of voltage stability and power transfer limits. By taking this course, you will master the compensation theory, and different approaches in compensating the reactive power in transmission lines or loads.
Finally, the reactive power compensation and voltage control training course will introduce the concept of series compensation and discuss different compensation methods from passive elements to fast power electronic devices. Furthermore, the traditional compensation by series capacitors which will cause the sub-synchronous resonance (SSR) will be covered and solutions will be analyzed.
Who Should Attend?
The reactive power compensation and voltage control training is a 2-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the reactive power and its compensation.
- Power traders to understand the concept of voltage control, reactive power and load compensation.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the reactive power and voltage control course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in power industry.
- Designers who want to design a system considering all the aspects of stability.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at industry or power system related companies.
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in power system related projects or proposals.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the reactive power compensation and voltage control training curse (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Basic Concepts Of Reactive Power And Load Compensation
- Different Approaches In Reactive Power Compensation
- Power Factor Idea And Power Factor Correction Approaches
- Reactive Power In Transmission Lines
- Voltage Control And Voltage Stability Limits
- Compensation Algorithms
- Series Compensation Of Long Transmission Lines And Power Transfer Limit
- Concept Of Harmonic And Harmonic Analysis
Reactive Power Compensation and Voltage Control