Smart Grid Training Workshop
Smart Grid Training Workshop will teach you the fundamentals of smart grids, main components of a smart grid, operation, management, security, planning and different hierarchical control levels provided in smart grids. Furthermore, to attract the audience’s attention more into the smart grids, this training will teach you the basics of solar and wind energy systems with detailed control and management to improve the reliability of smart grids.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you the trends to make the power grids smart with innovation of power electronic devices. The audience will be introduced with the main terms used in power systems which is similar in smart grids in order to relate the traditional power systems with recently improved concept of smart grids. This course will give you a sufficient knowledge to understand the concepts of EMS, SCADA, operation planning reasons for load forecasting and operators in smart grids including independent system operator, transmission and distribution operators.
The Smart grid training workshop also will discuss the different components of a smart grid including solar panels and wind energy systems as two main generation units in smart grids. By taking this course you will also learn different control methodologies applied for wind and solar energy systems. Furthermore, you will be introduced with the major topics in smart grids such as: load forecasting in smart grids, wind farms in smart grids, effect of energy storage systems in smart grids, micro and smart inverters, pricing in smart grids, smart grid control, control of wind farm and solar energy systems
Finally, the Smart Grid training workshop will briefly introduce the smart grid control, grid connected and islanded mode controls, frequency and voltage support in smart grids and upper level control architecture in smart grids.
Who Should Attend?
The Smart Grid training is a 2-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the smart grids from generation to consumption.
- Power utility engineers
- Test engineers
- Engineers seeking Ph.D. and graduate studies
- Power traders to understand the smart grid systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the smart grid course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in smart grids and renewable energy industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on renewable energy related projects
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in smart grid related projects or proposals.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the Smart Grid training workshop (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Introduction to power systems
- Background and trends toward smart grids
- Smart grid system components and supervisory control
- Control of smart grid systems
- Control and introduction to solar energy systems in smart grids
- Control of wind farms in smart grid systems
- Security concepts in smart grids