Software engineering forms the basis of operational design and development to all computer systems. It is concerned with designing, writing , testing , implementing and maintaining software.
Software engineering involves a number of other fields also that cover the process of engineering software and certification including: requirements gathering, software construction, software configuration management, software engineering managent, software development process management and creation, software engineering models and methods, software quality, software engineering professional practices as well as foundational computing and mathematical and engineering study.
Contrary to a commonly held public perception, software engineering is much more than coding. A common analogy is building a house. You can design and build a house by yourself but it would be slow and messy work and probably lack important safety and design features that a professional architect would include before passing off the blueprints to a seasoned contractor.
Same applies to software. Just because you can code doesn’t mean your software will be produced on time, of high quality and bug-free. Additionally, the process of it would probably be haphazard compared to software designed by a qualified software engineer.
The importance of software engineering is immeasurable at this juncture in history and likely into the future. Key benefits from software engineering include:
- Reduces complexity — Software engineering divides big problems into several small problems and then solves each small problem one by one.
- Saves time – Running code, especially on large projects, is time consuming. Software engineers are trained in managing the process, which normally results in a time reduction.
- Produces reliable software – Software engineers provide testing and maintenance to ensure high quality software.
- Effectiveness – Software should become more effective in performance when produced by software engineers who follow reliable standards.
- Productivity – Software engineering helps companies become more productive through decreased time and resultant lower costs. Also, if programs fails to meet standards at any stage, software engineers can always improve the code of software to make sure it maintains its standard.
With tools and methodologies changing and evolving in the field of software engineering, it’s very important for software engineers to stay current on new technologies and the latest software trends.
Software Engineering Training
Software engineering training classes by Tonex can fulfill ongoing education needs. The classes are designed for software developers, software engineers, system engineers, test engineers, project managers, testing, verification & validation and configuration project managers.
Tonex offers Software Engineering Training Bootcamp, a 3-day intensive course focusing on many different cutting edge software engineering topics such as Validation and management training, Software Requirements and Development.
Related available courses include the 4-day Software Engineering Training – Crash Course, the 2-day Introduction to Secure Software Engineering Training and the 3-day Software Reliability Engineering Training.
–Presenting highly customized learning solutions is what we do. For over 30 years Tonex has worked with organizations in improving their understanding and capabilities in topics often with new development, design, optimization, regulations and compliances that, frankly, can be difficult to comprehend.
–Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
Contact us for more information, questions, comments.