Software Reliability Engineering Training Course
Software reliability engineering training course covers all the concepts, tools, and methods to predict software reliability before writing the code. Software reliability engineering training course provides you with all the knowledge and techniques you need to practically apply software reliability in real world projects.
For Detailed 2-day Course Outline, CLICK HERE.
What is Software Reliability Engineering?
Software reliability engineering (SRE) directs software development and test measurably. SRE is the anticipation, quantification, and management of software systems, with the goal of satisfying customers at the highest level. SRE also is effective in cutting extra testing and maintenance, provides better resources and schedule control, and accomplishes customer approval.
- Software reliability engineering is a multidimensional discipline
- Software reliability engineering covers the software product lifecycle
- Software reliability engineering includes both technical and management actions focusing on:
- SRE measurement
Standard SRE Process Steps:
- Reliability goals definition
- Operational profiles definition
- Reliability testing
- Defining coherently the concept of failure for the software product.
- Selecting usual reference calculation for all failure modes
- Establishing Failure Intensity Objective (FIO) for each related system
- For any software you develop:
- FIO by deducting the total of the FIOs of all hardware and developed software factors from the system FIOs.
B. Select software reliability policies to accomplish settled software FIO and schedule objectives with lowest development cost
- It reflects how software is used
- It involves a requirement of classes of input and the likelihood of their happening
- It is somewhat simple to analyze the operational profile for a new software system that is replacing an existing manual or automated system. But, when the system is new, it is more complicated to predict how it is going to be used
- The operational profile depends on the features of the software environment, the applications used, their ins and outs, and their usage frequencies
- Defining the operational profile consists of identifying major system operations, their occurrence possibilities, and their inventers
Operational Profile Design
- Customer profiles: individuals, groups of persons, or organizations purchasing the system.
- User profiles: individuals, groups of persons, or organizations using the system
- System mode profiles: series of related business functions or operations
- Functional profiles: categorize the system into a set of user-oriented functions or operations with corresponding usage frequencies
- The design of the operational profile includes collecting and assessing the various conditions or modes under which the software is used
- Identifying operational profiles
- Preparing test data
- Applying test to system
- Computing reliability
Why Do You Need Software Reliability Engineering Training?
- Software is a crucial element of many safety- critical systems. Such systems rely on the reliable operation of software components.
- This training helps you decide if the software is ready to ship after system test or not
- This training helps you identify if an acquired or developed component is acceptable or not
- The software development life cycle
- Software requirements
- Matching the process to size and complexity of projects
- Analyzing stakeholder input
- The Unified Process
- Scripting user stories and use cases
- Iteration and progressive explanation of use cases
- Incorporating interface requirements
- Analyzing data requirements
- Representing data models
- Adding associations’ multiplicity
- Nonfunctional Requirements
- Validating Requirements and Producing Test Scenarios
Software reliability engineering training is a 2-day course designed for:
- Reliability engineers
- Systems engineers
- Software managers
- Engineering managers
- Lead software engineers
- Software quality engineers
- Quality assurance engineers
- Software engineers and testers
- All individuals involved in measuring, analyzing, designing, automating, implementing or ensuring software reliability for either commercial or government programs
What Will You Learn?
Below is the major topics covered by software reliability engineering (more details can be found under the full course description):
- Software Life Cycle
- Software Testing
- Safe Introduction of Software Using Scale Up
- Factors Affecting Software Reliability
- Data Required for Models
- Software Reliability Prediction Models
- Software Reliability Estimation Models
- Software Reliability Metrics
- Software Fault Trees
- Software FMEAs
- System Reliability Software Redundancy
- Improving Software Reliability
- Managing Software Reliability
- Numerical Reliability
Software Reliability Engineering Training Course