Software Reliability Training Course
Software reliability training course covers all the concepts, tools, and methods to predict software reliability before writing the code. Software reliability training course provides you with all the knowledge and techniques you need to practically apply software reliability in real world projects.
Reliability Measurement and Modeling
Usage and reliability modeling
- Usage specification: including a usage model and a usage profile identifying the purpose of the software usage.
- The possible usage of the system needs to be explained (usage model) and the usage amounts in terms of possibilities or frequencies (usage profile).
- The usage specification produces the test cases to be run during software test.
- The requirement can be developed based on the data collected from real use of similar systems or based on the application knowledge.
- If the reliability is evaluated during a real run, this requirement is not necessary anymore.
- A reliability model: the series of failures is modeled as a stochastic process.
- This model explains the failure response process.
- Fitting a curve to failure data identifies the model parameters.
- It indicates a need for an inference procedure to fit the curve to data.
- A specification of the projected use of the software, and the capability to sample test cases randomly from the usage environment
- The capability to recognize if the achieved results are accurate or not
- A reliability model
- They state the usage in regards to inputs of the system.
- The inputs can be compared to balls in a vase, where drawing balls from the vase generates the usage.
- The amount of balls consistent with a particular input to the system is identified by the profile.
- The test cases are produced by repeatedly drawing balls from the vase, often with replacement
- It is a modification of the domain-based model.
- The modification is that the algorithmic model takes the input history into consideration when selecting the next input.
- The model can be imagined as drawing balls from a vase, where the distribution of balls depends on the input history.
- It breaks down the execution into a series of runs, where a run is the performance of the system operation.
- If runs are similar replications of each other, these runs generate a run category.
- Differences of a system function are taken in diverse run types.
- The requirement of the environment using run types is called operational profile.
- To identify the operational profile, a hierarchy of profiles is set up, each making a modification of the operational environment
- The development steps of operational profiles:
- Identify the customer profile
- Define the user profile
- Define the system modes
- Define the functional profile
- Define the operational profile
- It organizes the specifications of the software functions, inputs, and the distributions of usage into a fundamental database
- Such data base can help to generate test cases
- The model has a distinct grammar to specify the information of the database.
- The grammar determines how a test case looks like, in length, used functions, inputs and their distributions.
- It is a usage modeling technique based on stochastic processes.
- The stochastic process used for this model is a Markov chain.
- The model is categorized into two phases; the structural phase and the statistical phase
State hierarchy model
- It deals with modeling of multilayered systems with several user types and various different users
- The goal of the model is to split the usage-modeling problem into different levels to concentrate on one feature at the time.
- The number of levels in the model depends on the needs
Software Reliability Process’s Major Steps:
- Create usage specification
- Including data gathering about the specified usage and creation of a usage requirement.
- Generate test cases and execute
- Test cases are produced and employed in the system
- Evaluate outcome and collect failure data
- For each test case, the result is assessed to determine if a failure happened or not.
- Failure data is gathered as demanded by the reliability model
- Calculate reliability
- The inference procedure is used on the failure data and the reliability model.
- Thus a reliability approximation is formed.
Software reliability training course is a 2-day course designed for:
- Reliability engineers
- Systems engineers
- Software managers
- Engineering managers
- Lead software engineers
- Software quality engineers
- Quality assurance engineers
- Software engineers and testers
- All individuals involved in measuring, analyzing, designing, automating, implementing or ensuring software reliability for either commercial or government programs
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics Software reliability training course will cover (more details can be found under the full course description):
- Software Life Cycle
- Software Testing
- Safe Introduction of Software Using Scale Up
- Factors Affecting Software Reliability
- Overview of Software Reliability Models
- Data Required for Models
- Software Reliability Prediction Models
- Software Reliability Estimation Models
- Software Reliability Metrics
- Software Fault Trees
- Software FMEAs
- System Reliability Software Redundancy
- Improving Software Reliability
- Managing Software Reliability
- Numerical Reliability
Software Reliability Training Course