Advanced PCB Design for Wireless Systems Training Course by Tonex
This hands-on course is specifically tailored for participants who want to gain in-depth knowledge and practical skills in designing PCBs for wireless systems. Over the course of a few days, participants will learn essential techniques to avoid noise, couple to antennas, test power input and output, as well as measure both signal and noise. The focus will be on designing circuits that perform optimally, are easily testable, and understanding how to identify and avoid potential problems.
This course is suitable for electronics engineers, PCB designers, and individuals with prior experience in PCB design and wireless systems. Participants should have a good understanding of electronics principles and proficiency in using PCB design software.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of noise sources in PCB designs and techniques to mitigate noise interference.
- Gain proficiency in coupling antennas effectively to achieve optimal wireless performance.
- Learn methods to test power input and output in wireless systems and ensure accurate measurements.
- Understand the importance of signal and noise measurements in assessing circuit performance and troubleshooting.
- Acquire practical knowledge and strategies to design circuits that work well, are easily testable, and avoid common problems.
Day 1: Fundamentals of Noise Avoidance and Antenna Coupling
- Introduction to noise sources in PCBs and their effects on wireless systems
- Techniques for minimizing noise, including grounding, power plane design, and component placement
- Principles of antenna design and integration into PCBs
- Impedance matching and transmission line considerations for effective antenna coupling
Day 2: Power Testing and Measurement Techniques
- Power input and output testing methodologies in wireless systems
- Calibration procedures and standards for accurate power measurements
- Signal conditioning and filtering techniques for power measurement accuracy
- Thermal considerations in high-power applications and heat management strategies
Day 3: Signal and Noise Measurement and Circuit Design Optimization
- Importance of signal and noise measurements in assessing circuit performance
- Techniques for measuring signal quality, SNR, and noise figure
- Design considerations for optimal signal integrity and noise reduction
- Layout techniques for controlled impedance transmission lines and RF shielding
Day 4: Hands-on Design Projects and Troubleshooting
- Hands-on exercises using PCB design software and simulation tools
- Design and implementation of a wireless system PCB considering all learned techniques
- Troubleshooting common issues in PCB layouts and wireless systems
- Case studies and analysis of real-world PCB designs and their challenges