Applying Agile Scrum and SAFe Practices for DoD Systems and Projects Training by Tonex
This comprehensive training course, “Applying Agile Scrum and SAFe Practices for DoD Systems and Projects,” is designed to equip professionals in the Department of Defense (DoD) and related industries with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully apply Agile Scrum and SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodologies to their projects.
With a focus on DoD-specific challenges and requirements, participants will gain a deep understanding of how to effectively implement Agile Scrum and SAFe practices to improve project outcomes, enhance team collaboration, and ensure compliance with DoD standards and regulations.
Learning Objectives: Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles and key concepts of Agile Scrum and SAFe methodologies.
- Apply Agile Scrum and SAFe practices tailored to the unique needs and constraints of DoD systems and projects.
- Implement Agile Scrum techniques to enhance project transparency, adaptability, and productivity.
- Foster collaboration, communication, and teamwork within the context of DoD projects, leading to improved outcomes.
- Navigate DoD-specific compliance and regulatory requirements while maintaining Agile and SAFe practices.
- Leverage Agile Scrum and SAFe methodologies to deliver successful DoD projects on time and within budget.
Audience: This course is designed for a diverse range of professionals working in the Department of Defense and related fields, including:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Systems Engineers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Quality Assurance Specialists
- Government Contracting Professionals
- Anyone involved in DoD systems and projects seeking to enhance their Agile and SAFe knowledge and skills.
Introduction to Agile and SAFe in DoD
- Overview of Agile Scrum and SAFe principles
- Importance of Agile in the DoD context
- Tailoring Agile and SAFe for DoD projects
- Key challenges in applying Agile and SAFe to DoD systems
- Case studies of successful Agile and SAFe implementations in DoD
Agile Scrum Fundamentals
- Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies
- Sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint review
- Creating and maintaining the product backlog
- Sprint execution and daily stand-ups
- Scrum in DoD projects: challenges and solutions
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) in DoD
- Introduction to SAFe and its components
- SAFe roles and responsibilities
- Portfolio, program, and team levels in SAFe
- SAFe ceremonies and events
- Implementing SAFe in the DoD context
Adapting Agile and SAFe for DoD
- Incorporating Lean and Agile thinking into DoD practices
- Aligning Agile and SAFe with DoD acquisition and contracting processes
- Managing technical debt and risk in DoD systems
- Ensuring cybersecurity compliance in Agile and SAFe environments
- Continuous improvement and lessons learned in DoD Agile and SAFe projects
Collaboration and Communication in DoD Agile Projects
- Building effective cross-functional teams
- Communication strategies for Agile success
- Collaboration tools and techniques
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Real-world examples of improved collaboration in DoD Agile projects
Compliance and Regulation in DoD Agile and SAFe
- Understanding DoD compliance requirements
- Compliance challenges in Agile and SAFe
- Tailoring Agile and SAFe to meet regulatory standards
- Best practices for maintaining compliance in Agile and SAFe projects
- Audits, assessments, and documentation in DoD Agile and SAFe implementations
This course equips participants with the knowledge and skills needed to apply Agile Scrum and SAFe practices effectively in the unique context of Department of Defense systems and projects. With a focus on practical, real-world examples and tailored solutions, this training empowers DoD professionals to enhance project outcomes, collaboration, and compliance.