Length: 2 Days
D2D Communications, 5G Device to Device Communications, Proximity Services, LTE Direct
Device-to-device communications refers to a radio technology that enables devices to communicate directly with each other, that is without routing the data paths through a network infrastructure. The best example of this is the Internet of Things (IoT) and involves the interconnectivity of everything from coffee pots and garage door openers to house lights and autonomous cars.
Other anticipated applications:
- Social applications triggered by user proximity
- Local exchange of information
- Smart communication between vehicles
- Industry 4.0 machine to machine communications in industrial assembly lines
- Public safety support, where devices provide at least local connectivity even in case of damage to the radio infrastructure.
The future enabling force behind it all is 5G broadband with its potential for insanely fast speeds and nearly real-time latency.
D2D Communications Training by Tonex
D2D Communications Training, Device-to-Device (D2D) communication training covers the radio technology that enables devices to communicate directly with each other without any additional network infrastructure. 5G application scenarios include proximity-based services, advertisements, local exchange of information, vehicle-to-vehicle (v2v), public safety support and many more.