“How to Sell and Monetize” 5G Products and Services
“How to Sell and Monetize” 5G Products and Services Course by Tonex
“How to Sell and Monetize” 5G Products and Services training course gives you a working knowledge of 5G technology, use cases, services and products. In this course, discover all you need to know to effectively sell and monetize 5G. Understand the key parameters to 5G monetization and challenges. Gain a working knowledge on Business-to-consumer (B2C), Business-to-business (B2B) and Business-to-business-to-any (B2B2X) business models.
Participants will learn how to create value added services, how to sell and how to monetize 5G applications, products, and services:
- Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB): Mobile broadband based apps including video watching, browsing, mobile office/productivity, and cloud-based gaming.
- Ultra-reliable Low-latency Communications (URLLC): Augmented reality, virtual reality, telepresence (includes Holographic calling), teleoperation/tele-robotics, autonomous vehicles, UAV/drone operation, public safety, smart buildings and factories, and other latency-sensitive applications.
- Massive Machine-type Communications (mMTC): 5G will facilitate a highly scalable M2M network for many IoT applications, particularly those that do not require high bandwidth.
The course is organized into 2 different parts:
- How to Sell 5G
- Monetization 5G
While a lot has been written about the technological advances of 5G, the business opportunities afforded by 5G architecture have been largely ignored.
Take the healthcare industry. The global digital health market size was valued at $96.5 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.1% from 2021 to 2028.
Much of this growth is due to 5G. The low latency of 5G networks means that robotic surgeons can carry out remote surgeries using control machinery from anywhere in the world.
5G also allows patient data to be uploaded in real time, which can then be analyzed for any irregularities using 5G-enabled AI technology, before being referred to a doctor. Research shows that facilitating services like these, can free up over 1 million GP hours.
This transformation in the healthcare industry because of 5G networks will open up new business opportunities for app developers, pharmaceutical companies, government health organizations, wearable device manufacturers and insurance companies.
Same holds true for manufacturing and retail – 5G has created opportunity upon opportunity for monetization. Smart factories will not only help cut costs but will also create more efficient processes that do not depend on manual labor.
For instance, 5G-enabled drones can help check a building’s infrastructure for faults. Remote maintenance, virtual collaboration with engineers using VR headsets, sensors in wearable products, and drones in the workplace — the opportunities are truly endless.
In retail, 89% of retailers have reported that they rely on technology to improve customer experience. And 96% of retailers use technology to improve operational efficiency.
How will retailers get there? 5G networks will act as a catalyst in their digital transformation journey.
Learn how 5G impacts other industries and opens a wide seam of selling potential for marketers, entrepreneurs, sales teams, financiers, manufacturers and analysts.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for sales, marketing, business development professionals, analysts, finance, pricing, and other disciplines who need a clear picture of 5G use cases, products, services, applications and monetization. This course helps sales professionals understand and master the unique challenges and skills required to sell 5G products and services.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of 5G technology, use cases, products and services
- A summary of 5G Business-to-consumer (B2C), Business-to-business (B2B) and Business-to-business-to-any (B2B2X) business models
- How to sell 5G services and products
- 5G trends and changes that are currently shaping 5G industry, as well as what 5G clients expect from sales teams
- What it takes to break through the clutter and sell in the 5G market
- How to monetize 5G services and products
- How to deal with 5G monetization challenges
How You will Benefit
- Identify business opportunities and business models for 5G B2C, B2B and B2B2X segments
- Identify value-added 5G services and products
- Optimizing your 5G sales knowledge
- How to monetize business technologies enabled by 5G for B2B, B2C and B2B2X
- Deal with challenges to monetize 5G products, services and applications
- Identify strategies for positioning 5G products and services
- Create 5G Commercial/Business pitches
- Lead workshops with 5G clients to learn about clients’ needs educate them about 5 solutions
- Identify 5G Strategic Partnership Management
Course Content and Agenda
Overview of 5G Technology and 5G Use Cases
- Key features of 5G technology
- enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB) and fixed-wireless access (FWA), ultrahigh reliability and low latency (URLLC), and massive (IoT) connectivity (MTC)
- 5G business models
- Business-to-consumer (B2C)
- Business-to-business (B2B)
- Business-to-business-to-any (B2B2X)
- Technologies driving the 5G evolution
- 5G monetization and operation
- Strategies for profitable 5G sales and monetization
Use Cases and 5G Key Capabilities
- Video monitoring and detection
- Smart factories
- Connected machinery and equipment
- Fixed Wireless Access (FWA)
- Connected vehicles
- Industrial and commercial asset inspection
- Delivery and transportation
- Precision agriculture
- Public safety and emergency response
- Immersive experiences
- Gaming, and AR/VR
- Scalable IoT
- Use case: hybrid MVNO for logistics
- Use case: private wireless for Industry 4.0
- Private wireless business model
- 5G Capabilities: RAN and Core
- Campus network business model
- SDN, NFV, vRAN, MEC, Cloud, mmW, FITx, CBRS, Small Cell, WiFi
Business Models as a Combination of B2B, B2C, and B2B2x Capabilities
- Primary monetization area
- Charge for bandwidth, reserved capacity, and low latency as required by providers of services
- 5G broadband connectivity as a replacement for fixed connectivity
- Wireless bandwidth on demand for retail
- Hybrid MVNO for logistics.
- Private wireless for Industry 4.0.
- Campus network for healthcare.
- eMBB and FWA
- Bandwidth-on-demand business model
- Business model type Revenue model (who pays)
- Key monetization challenges
- Adjacent opportunities
- Potential scale
- Monetizing requirements
How to Sell 5G Products and Services
- 5G products and services for B2C, B2B and B2B2X
- Selling 5G digital platforms and services
- Selling techniques for value based 5G services
- Supply chains in 5G-enabled services
- How to engage with customers, businesses, and partners to solve business problems
- Economic value to your B2C, B2B and B2B2X customers through an understanding of Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- Improving pricing and understanding the effect of price elasticity on sales revenue and profit
- Measuring customer perception of product value
Monetization of 5G Technology
- How to monetize 5G business opportunities
- Business Technologies enabled by 5G for B2C, B2B and B2B2X Customers
- Monetize embedded connectivity, managed connectivity and virtual network functions such as security
- Opportunity to expand relationships with enterprise to facilitate intelligent operations and automation
- Integrate partner solutions in B2B offerings
- Monetization strategies for 5G products and services
- Deploying 5G Features
- Network slicing, SDN/NFV, MEC and Voice over New Radio (VoNR)
- Business Technologies enabled by 5G for B2B, B2C and B2B2X customers
- An overview of end-to-end blueprint for technology applications in 5G
- Technology integration with 5G to enable products and services.
- Technical elements behind 5G enabling technologies.
- 5G technology planning, design, architecture, and implementations
- An overview (understand the concepts related to these technologies and build capabilities to position these technologies into the B2C market (risks and potential)
- Example Use-Cases
- B2C: Gaming, IoT, AR/VR, and Video
- B2B: AR/VR, Computer Vision, Drones and Robotics
5G Monetization Elements and Architecture
- Key performance elements that will be leveraged for monetization
- Enhanced mobile broadband
- Fiber-like experiences over a wireless radio link
- Enabling key use cases such as ultra-high definition video, including 3D rendering and fixed-wireless broadband.
- Ultra-reliable, low latency communications
- Use cases that demand extremely low latency, such as AR, VR and gaming, as well as vehicle-to-vehicle communications and remote surgery
- Extra requirement of reliability to ensure safety, capitalizing on the advancing mobile edge computing paradigm.
- Massive connectivity and IoT driven world
- Accelerated proliferation of Industry 4.0
- Monetization-specific features and capabilities
- API calls, edge computing capacity, network slicing capabilities; QoS tiers, and offerings related to network as a service
- Service launch acceleration capabilities
- Partner platform features
- fast, self-service partner onboarding, with exposed APIs for automation, and standardized APIs for accelerating service launch
- Infrastructure features
- Monetization systems must be virtualized, automated, cloud-native, micro-services based, DevOps driven
- Monetization systems integration with AI/ML: artificial intelligence, machine learning
- Big data analytics
- Network slicing
- Edge computing
- Getting the right business model
- Crucial aspects to 5G monetization
- A clear business case for their operators’ offerings
- Business cases
- Cost and pricing models
Key 5G Monetization Challenges
- Capital Investment
- Spectrum, radio access network, enhanced packet core and IT infrastructure
- Organizations Transformation
- Creating effective monetization opportunities
- Maximum return on both capital and organizational investments
- Monetization elements and business models for monetization of 5G, critical for service providers planning their 5G rollouts.
- Operations changes required to support 5G monetization
- Services based on network-slicing models
- Supporting complex partner ecosystems
- Partner management systems
- Capitalizing on underlying frameworks and standards
- API creation and composition.
- Using cloud and vertical delivery models
- Microservices-based architectures
5G Monetization and Support for Competitive Business Scenarios, Products and Services
- B2B and Business-to-business-to-any (B2B2X)
- Digital platforms and services
- Wholesale services
- Open platforms for customers to onboard themselves
- Security as a Service
- Communication as a Service
- Devices and applications
- 5G monetization and support for complex (B2B2x) partnership models
- Partner monetization (B2B2x)
- Monetizing partners case study
- Distribute prime subscriptions
- The FWA business model
- Monetization of wireless broadband for the home
- Fixed-wireless and content
- QoS-based data
- Goods and subscriptions, such as content, media, and partners
Developing Monetization Capabilities for 5G in phases
- Create and deliver complex services at speed
- Complex partner ecosystems
- Multiple pricing model
- Cloud ready
- Supports vertical business models
International 5G B2B Implementation and Benchmarking
- Dallas Love Field Airport in Dallas, Texas
- The 5G-Industry Campus Europe in Aachen, Germany
- A Mercedes Benz factory in Sindelfingen, Germany
- A Bosch factory in Worcester, United Kingdom
- A mine operated by Boliden in Kankberg, Sweden
- The Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly and Paris-Le Bourget airports in France
Case Studies and Workshops: Selling and Monetizing 5G Services and Products
- Fixed wireless access
- Mobile hotspots
- Public transport
- Financial services
- Media and entertainment
- Public safety
- Smart manufacturing
- Energy and utilities
- Consumer and industrial IoT
“How to Sell and Monetize” 5G Products and Services