Open Digital Architecture (ODA) Fundamentals
One big benefit of open architecture is that using computer products that are based on an open architecture helps a company avoid being held captive by any one vendor.
Products based on an open architecture are often supported by a large vendor community, which gives companies that use those products plenty of options when it comes to maintaining, upgrading and expanding their data processing systems.
Open architecture is a software or computer architecture that has been created using open standards.
Open standards are published and freely available on hardware and software interfaces. Open architecture allows development by other companies using the same standard, which makes it easier to add, change and replace new components.
Another major benefit of open architecture is that it’s especially important in large-scale complex projects where it is critical in terms of time and cost to develop a new product, test it and see that it works correctly in the field.
Open architectures support the agile approach. It also allows complex systems, which were produced once before and worked with the same configuration for years, to renew capabilities more frequently.
Depending on the type of system, such as a network or an operating system, it can be possible to fully change the basic functioning to accommodate evolving technologies or new business paradigms.
This can be especially important for computers and network hardware, where components can be upgraded regularly as technology advances without destroying an existing framework that has already been installed.
Analysts contend, an additional important benefit of open architecture is that anyone can design add-on products that will work with the original software. This tends to ensure that many other compatible products will be available to work with the original, open-sourced products.
Open Digital Architecture Fundamentals (ODA) Training by Tonex
Open Architecture Fundamentals is a 2-day course by Tonex. Participants will be learning an introduction to the future of architecture for telecommunications: understanding the Open Digital Architecture (ODA), why it is needed and learn the basic principles and building blocks. This is important because the path to Digital Transformation is not straightforward, but it is essential to surviving and thriving in the future digital market.
Companies that can master the business, operational and technical challenges of transformation, will have a greater opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next wave of digitalization of commerce and society.
- API Designers, Enterprise Architects
- API Developers, SOA Architects, Solutions Architects
- Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts
- Anyone creating or responding to a procurement request
- Anyone involved in managing or developing a support architecture
- Learn about the ODA (Open Digital Architecture) principles and building blocks used by the world’s leading communications service providers and technology suppliers.
- Understand how companies that can master the business, operational and technical challenges of transformation
- Understand how companies achieve gross opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next wave of digitalization of commerce and society.
- Introduction to Open Architecture Fundamentals
- The importance of architecture
- ODA vision and principles/ Components
- Resources/ Migration
- Workshops/ Case-studies/ More.