Open Digital Architecture (ODA) Fundamentals
Open Digital Architecture (ODA) is a complete enterprise architecture blueprint for open digital platforms, replacing traditional operational and business support systems.
ODA comprises standardized, reusable, cloud native software. components organized into loosely coupled domains.
Goals of the Open Digital Framework include:
- Transform business agility
- Enable simpler IT solutions that are easier
and cheaper to deploy, integrate and upgrade
- Establish a standardized software model and market which benefits all parties (service
providers, vendors & SIs)
ODA replaces traditional operations and business support systems (OSS/BSS) with a new approach to building software for the telecoms industry, opening a market for standardized, cloud-native software components, and enabling communication service providers and suppliers to invest in IT for new and differentiated services instead of maintenance and integration.
ODA comprises an architecture framework, common language, design principles, and specifications for standardized, interoperable software components and Open APIs.
One of the most important benefits of open architecture in general is that anyone can design add-on products that will work with the original software.
Another major benefit of open architecture is that customers can be reasonably confident that there will be a large development community to support it, and that it will be frequently upgraded and improved. Open architecture software is less likely to become outdated, and there is much less chance that it will go unsupported because one particular company goes out of business or decides to drop the product.
Business buyers also experience a benefit in that the cost of ownership is generally lower because the customer is less likely to be locked in and dependent on a single vendor. Since the products are standards-based, there are fewer barriers to switching from one supplier to another.
Organizations also come to realize that by utilizing open architecture, product add-ons, maintenance and training all tend to cost less, since there are usually numerous parties providing the necessary software and services.
Open Digital Architecture Fundamentals (ODA) Training by Tonex
Open Architecture Fundamentals is a 2-day course by Tonex. Participants will be learning an introduction to the future of architecture for telecommunications: understanding the Open Digital Architecture (ODA), why it is needed and learn the basic principles and building blocks. This is important because the path to Digital Transformation is not straightforward, but it is essential to surviving and thriving in the future digital market.
Companies that can master the business, operational and technical challenges of transformation, will have a greater opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next wave of digitalization of commerce and society.
Tonex can help you.
Who Should Attend
Course recommended for
- API Designers, Enterprise Architects
- API Developers, SOA Architects, Solutions Architects
- Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts
- Anyone creating or responding to a procurement request
- Anyone involved in managing or developing a support architecture
- Learn about the ODA (Open Digital Architecture) principles and building blocks used by the world’s leading communications service providers and technology suppliers.
- Understand how companies that can master the business, operational and technical challenges of transformation
- Understand how companies achieve gross opportunity to play a pivotal role in the next wave of digitalization of commerce and society.
- Introduction to Open Architecture Fundamentals
- The importance of architecture
- ODA vision and principles/ Components
- Resources/ Migration
- Workshops/ Case-studies/ More.