C4ISR Training: It’s not the prettiest sounding acronym, but C4ISR plays a major role in assuring global security.
C4ISR stands for Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance. It’s a broad term that refers to systems, procedures and techniques used to collect and disseminate information.
Each of these areas is a field of expertise unto itself, but they are intended to work synergistically to provide warfighters and decision-makers with actionable information to help them do their jobs.
C4ISR is utilized across all military activities. Providing effective C4ISR requires sensors, computers and communication systems that collect intelligence across land, air, sea and space, as well as cyberspace. This information is then processed, analyzed, used and delivered to those who need it.
Breaking down C4ISR:
- Command and Control – This is the exercise of authority within a given environment in the pursuit of a mission. In the simplest of terms, it is where orders come from and where decisions are made.
- Communications – This is all about sharing and transmission of salient information.
- Computer – Computer systems are an essential component of modern warfare, as well as in business and government. No other component of C4ISR functions effectively in without effective computer systems.
- Intelligence – This refers to information itself that pertains to the mission, or goals and objectives of the organization carrying out the mission.
- Surveillance – In order to gather intelligence on an adversary, the monitoring and observation of activities and behavior are essential. This can be done in many different ways, including intercepting electronic communications, video and audio monitoring, and human intelligence gathering.
- Reconnaissance – This part involves the act of sending personnel or equipment (such as drones) into areas outside friendly control for the purpose of gathering Intelligence.
Ultimately, C4ISR is all about increasing situational awareness, giving decision-makers the information they need as fast as possible, and using the right materials, equipment and systems to make that happen.
Tonex offers several C4ISR related courses, including:
- Activity-Based Intelligence Training Bootcamp | ABI Training Workshop (4 days)
- Fundamentals of Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) Signals Certificate (4 days)
- ISR Training – Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Training (3 days)
- Machine Learning Training Bootcamp (3 days)
- Sensor and Data Fusion Training Bootcamp (3 days)
- Tactical Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Training / Tactical ISR Training (2 days)
Who Should Attend
These courses benefit technical professionals, project managers, analysts and engineers, software and systems engineers, EW and TDL operators, scientists and just about anyone involved in military operations.
–Tonex has been there from the beginning with technical and tactical training courses and consulting services related to C4ISR.
–So far we have helped over 20,000 developers in over 50 countries stay up to date with cutting edge information from our training categories.
–Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
Contact us for more information, questions, comments.