Change management is the process, tools and techniques to manage the people side of change to achieve the required business outcome.
Change management focuses on the people impacted by the change. Any change to processes, systems, organization structures and/or job roles will have a technical side and a people side.
The goal of change is to improve an organization by altering how work is done. When you introduce a change to the organization, you are ultimately going to be impacting one or more of the following:
- Organization structure
- Job roles
It’s typical for change to occur due to specific problems or opportunities an organization has encountered. The stimuli for change are many including the need to be more competitive or simply more efficient.
The truth is, change within an organization takes hard work and an understanding of what must actually take place to make the change happen. Both project management and change management are involved in moving an organization from a current state through a transition state to a desired future state. Project management focuses on the tasks to achieve project requirements. Change management focuses on the people impacted by the change.
Strategic change management is particularly important because it helps employees to understand, commit to, accept and embrace changes in their current business environment.
The benefits of strategic change management are considerable, such as:
- Helps achieve desired organizational goals
- A continuous way to realize the value of investments
- Maximizes ROI of project initiatives
- Speeds up the implementation of new initiatives with lasting benefits
Want to know more? Tonex offers Change Management Training , a 2-day course that provides the knowledge and skills leadership needs to handle change in an organization, as well as the concepts, philosophies, and tools associated with change management.
Other Training categories include:
- Executive Leadership
- Business Intelligence and Business Writing
- Operations Management Training and Change Management
- People Management and Performance Management
- Product and Project Management Training
- Project Management Certification
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership Training
For more information, questions, comments, contact us.