Offshore Wind Farm Training By TONEX
The offshore wind farm training course will teach you the technological developments of offshore windfarms, different types of wind turbines implemented for offshore projects, control of offshore wind farms, protection and reliability assessment of offshore wind technologies. You will learn the fundamentals of offshore wind farms as one of the most emerging topics in renewable energy integration technologies. By the end of this training, you will be able to tackle the recent improvements in offshore wind farm technology as well as challenges related to the control, protection and reliability of offshore wind farms.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you the history of offshore wind farms and real world projects operating based on offshore wind farms nowadays. Moreover, you will be introduced with the recent wind turbine technologies and their architectures, transmission network used for offshore wind farms, reliability and stability issues related to offshore wind farms, reactive power and voltage support, and operation of offshore wind farms during different wind speed operating points. The course will then focus on the main type of wind turbine which is widely used in the power system industry which is the doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) based wind turbine.
The offshore wind farm training course also will teach you the main components of an offshore wind farm including: turbine and blades, substations, wind towers, foundations, transformers, helipads, switchgear, crane, backup generators, marine cables, and control room. This course will also help you to understand the basics of induction generators as the main components of wind farms, power electronic based wind turbine generators, protections implemented for different types of faults in offshore wind farms and effect of faults on the wind turbines.
Finally, the offshore wind farm training course will introduce the protection and reliability assessment of offshore wind farm by including the topics such as: Wind turbine protections, Feeder protection, transmission protection, and earth faults in offshore wind farms.
Who Should Attend?
The offshore wind farm training is a 2-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the offshore wind farms from generation to consumption.
- Renewable energy utility engineers
- Test engineers
- Engineers seeking Ph.D. and graduate studies focused on renewable energies and microgrids
- Power traders to understand the offshore wind farm systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the offshore wind farm course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in renewable energy industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on renewable energy related projects
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in smart grid related projects or proposals.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the offshore wind farm training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- History And Background Of Offshore Wind Technologies
- Introduction To Wind Energy Systems
- Main Components Of An Offshore Wind Farm
- Different Types Of Wind Turbines Implemented In Offshore Wind Farms
- Control Of Offshore Wind Farm
- Transmission Technologies In Offshore Wind Farms
- Protection And Control Of Offshore Wind Farm
Offshore Wind Farm Training