5G Security Training Classes: While 5G technology promises faster download speeds and significantly decreased latency, security experts worry about stepped up cyber-attacks.
5G opens up new advanced industrial technologies – everything from autonomous cars to smart grids and a new array of interconnected devices in the Internet of Things (IoT). But the technological advances also open up new opportunities for cyber criminals.
The danger with IoT devices, for example, is that they use a client-server model with limited security mechanisms, making them more likely to be breached and participate in a DDoS (distributed denial of service) attack. The IoT client/server model, possessing a limited number of security attributes, is particularly problematic in an IoT environment.
5G will also accelerate the adoption of virtualized distributed network infrastructures and the use of containerized workloads, both for applications as well as network functions. Many cybersecurity experts feel this increases the attack surface and makes the 5G ecosystem an attractive ground for adversaries to exploit, either for economic gain or just to inflict damage both to telecom operators as well as the users.
Then there’s the proximity service (ProSe) intrusion issue. This is a key new 5G feature because it allows streamlined device-to-device communication with many benefits including:
- The ability to lower latency in real time scenarios, such as vehicle-to-vehicle messaging
- Extending communications to devices beyond the reach of a base station
- Enabling IoT traffic off-loading
- Supporting locally-targeted messaging and emergency communications
The downside is that by implementing ProSe, the threat landscape is enhanced. Each node needs to handle more of the load when it comes to defending itself, rather than relying on the central network to screen out malicious activity.
There are also concerns about specific types of cyberattacks, such as the Man-In-The-Middle attack, infiltrating 5G technology. In this attack, the secretly relays and possibly alters the communication between two parties who believe they are directly communicating with each other. A report by university scientists says this is possible because criminals can intercept 5G communications and steal data, in part, because security goals are underspecified and there’s a lack of precision in the 3GPP standards.
5G Security Training Classes
Tonex offers 5G Security Training | 5G Wireless Security Training, a 5-day course that focuses on the development of security policies and technologies to protect 5G wireless networks from hacking, cyberattacks and financial fraud.
Who Should Attend
- Executives and managers of cybersecurity systems areas
- Information technology professionals, web engineers, security analysts, policy analysts
- Test analysts who are looking for technical training of cybersecurity systems
- All IT professionals
- Security scientists
- Government personnel who want to learn the foundation of cybersecurity in detail as well as keep up on trends in the cybersecurity field
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in cybersecurity industry, especially where 5G technology is involved
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working in 5G deployment.
Tonex offers a wide assortment of 5G training courses, from fundamentals to specific technological topics, such as:
—5G NR Training/5G New Radio (NR) (2 days)
Why Choose Tonex?
–Tonex has been offering training in cybersecurity for over two decades.
–It’s all about relevancy and focus. What’s the point of teaching courses with information that your workforce can’t use? Your productive goals are what matter. Our world-class trainers understand this and tailor classes specifically for your employees and your organization.
–Reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s key agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
–Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
Contact us for more information, questions, comments.