LTE Location Based Services
LTE Location Based Services training course by TONEX, for more course description CLICK HERE.
Location Based Services (LBS) are used for public safety, emergency services such as FCC’s E911 and commercial applications.
LTE technology enabling E911 and LBS support several UE based positioning techniques:
- Assisted Global Navigation Satellite Systems (A-GNSS)
- Observed Time Difference of Arrival (OTDOA)
- Enhanced Cell ID (eCID)
LPP (LTE Positioning Protocol) and SUPL 2.0 (Secure User Plane Location) are new LTE positioning protocols defined for Location Based Services (LBS).
Many mobile and LTE connections are indoors creating challenges with traditional A-GPS (Assisted GPS) method. LTE will provide initial assistance and information for UE position estimation, execution of certain measurements and reporting of measurement results for respective UE and UE position estimation based on measurement results.
LTE support UE-base,UE-assisted or eNB-assisted procedures along with user plane (U-Plane) and control plane (C-Plane) protocols and procedures for . Location Based Services.
Learn about concepts such as: LTE Positioning Protocols, Location Positioning Protocol (LPP), SUPL or Secure User Plane, Areas Event Triggering, Emergency Call Handling – E911 , Observed Time Difference of Arrival (OTDOA), Reference Signal Time Difference (RSTD) measurement, Positioning Reference Signals (PRS), eCID (Enhanced Cell ID) Timing Advance (TDAV), Round Trip Time (RTT) and Angle-of-Arrival (AoA) measurement.
LTE Location Based Services support SUPL, an encrypted IP concept developed to support secured Location-Based Services (LBS):
- Secure User Plane Location (SUPL)
- Encrypted IP connection
- SSL (TLS1.0 or 1.1) with pre-shared certificates
- User Plane Support
- IP communication via SUPL Enabled Terminal (SET)
- SUPL Location Platform (SLP)
LTE Location-Based Services Training Topics Include:
- Introduction to Location Based Services
- LTE Location-Based Services (LBS)
- LTE Positioning Technologies
- LPP SUPL 2.0
- 3GPP Location Services Categories
- Overview of LTE Positioning Terminology
- LTE Positioning System Nodes
- Location Services (LCS) Architecture
- LTE Positioning Protocols
- Signaling and Interfaces
- LTE Location Protocol (LPP)
- LTE Positioning Information Elements
- Types of Location Request