Soft Skills Business Training Courses: Good communication is integral to any team’s success and the overall success of a business.
Communication is possibly the most important soft skill (people skill). Good communication is the crucial component of making goals reachable. The team leader communicates project expectations to all the players, and work is divided fairly based on each person’s unique strengths and qualifications. Effective communication helps reduce stress among team members because everyone has a clear understanding of their individual responsibilities.
But aside from assigning tasks and troubleshooting problems, good team communication skills creates a work environment where employees want to do their best because team leaders notice their achievements and take the time to communicate their praise.
Benefits of good team communication skills run deep. More benefits include:
- Building trust
- Promotes a significant sense of ownership
- Encourages healthy risk-taking
- Helps with conflict resolution
- Promotes a culture where team members play to their strengths
- Fosters creativity and learning.
Experts insist that the best way to build better communications in a workplace is by having an open-door policy. Encouraging questions, pitching ideas and voicing concerns helps build trust. This means allowing team members to present problems and ideas as they occur, not just during the weekly meetings.
Many companies and organizations have assimilated this idea of an open-door policy to such an extent that doors and other barriers have been removed from offices. It’s also not uncommon for middle management personnel to sit among their team members rather than sequestered off in a corner by themselves.
Constructive criticism can also improve communications in an office. No one is perfect. Mistakes happen. The important thing is to learn from errors and become better at your job. When a team leader says “fix this” without further explanation, this helps no one. Effective feedback should be clear and detailed with additional commentary when necessary on the ramifications of the error and how doing a task correctly benefits all team members and helps meet company goals and mission statements.
And don’t ever underestimate the bonding power of coffee. Rather than take coffee breaks solo, team leaders should consider having group breaks. A set coffee break for all employees together allows everyone to interact informally while still in the workplace.
There’s plenty of research that shows that conversation over coffee, work-related or not, promotes healthy communication among co-workers and encourages the exchanging of ideas.
Soft Skills Business Training Courses
Tonex offers Effective Team Communications Workshop Training, a 2-day course designed to help solve the existing communication challenges among people of a team and avoid any potential miscommunication in the future.
Who Should Attend
- All the individuals working with others as a team or a group
- Those whose work require direct interactions with other staff, stakeholders, clients and even vendors
- The leaders who are planning to create a new group or department
- Teachers and mid-level managers.
Related Soft Skills Training Courses
—Business Strategy Toolkit (2 days)
—How to Become a Powerful Presenter (2 days)
—Mistake Proofing Training/Poka Yoke (2 days)
—Project Management Essentials Training ( 3 days)
—The Black Hat Workshop (2 days)
Why Choose Tonex
- We’re different because we take into account your workforce’s special learning requirements. In other words, we personalize our training – Tonex has never been and will never be a “one size fits all” learning program.
- Tonex has been a leader since 1993 in teaching courses about business and technological advancements.
- Reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s most important agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
- Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
Contact us for more information, questions, comments.