Digital engineering is an integrated digital approach using authoritative sources of system data and models as a continuum throughout the development and life of a system.
Digital engineering updates traditional systems engineering practices to take advantage of computational technology, modeling, analytics and data sciences.
Digital engineering has become a key focus for organizations as well as the Department of Defense. In fact, DoD even has a digital engineering strategy. The DoD Digital Engineering Strategy outlines five elements necessary for the digital engineering ecosystem to thrive:
- Formalize the development, integration, and use of models to inform enterprise and program decision making.
- Provide an enduring, authoritative source of truth.
- Incorporate technological innovation to improve the engineering practice.
- Establish a supporting infrastructure and environment to perform activities, collaborate and communicate across stakeholders.
- Transform the culture and workforce to adopt and support digital engineering across the life cycle.
For businesses, digital engineering harnesses modern digital capabilities to improve an organization’s efficiency and value, enhance process sequences, and/or transform end-user experiences.
With the appropriate resource allocation, delivery models, project management and team enablement, it can create new business opportunities and competitive customer values.
Additionally, digital engineering solutions can also produce a continuous chain of innovation and competitive positioning that evolves alongside customer needs and new technical opportunities.
Want to learn more? Tonex offers Digital Engineering Mini MBA, a 5-day program that offers accomplished professionals an opportunity to maintain their career trajectory with an efficient, focused injection of modern digital engineering concepts, strategy and culture.
Learn how integrated digital technologies are used to rapidly conceptualize, design, build, test and sustain value-driven solutions.
Tonex also offers several more Mini-MBA programs:
For more information, questions, comments, contact us.